Private Mini Yucatan Round Tour
English, Spanish, German
Private Mini Yucatan Tour: Two days into the Mayan World Discover the main attractions of the Yucatan Peninsula in just two days. We will take you deep into the Maya Land in Yucatan to the most important archaeological sites, the colonial city of Merida, a cenote and the pilgrimage town of Izamal . First, we visit the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza (if desired, we can go to Ek Balam instead) and explore, in addition to the famous pyramid of the Mayan god Kukulkan, other interesting constructions from the ages of the ancient Maya. The ball field, the Temple of a Thousand Warriors and the observatory are just a few examples of Chichen Itza's diversity. In a nearby cenpoote we have a swim in the wonderfully cool water and enjoy a typical Mexican lunch. Once we arrived in the colonial city of Merida, we stop at our downtown hotel. We discover the magnificent colonial buildings of the historical city center and the main square. Then free time and overnight stay. The next morning we leave early for the archaeological site of Uxmal. The ruins are well preserved and show the power of the ancient Maya. From Uxmal we continue to the pilgrimage town of Izamal, which was visited by Pope John Paul II in 1993. The town has also some well-preserved Mayan ruins. We enjoy a typical lunch before we visit the surrounding Mayan ruins. From there we take you back to your hotel.
Private Mini Yucatan Round Tour: Two days into the Mayan World
- Private Transportation
- English speaking guide
- Pick up from your hotel or any agreed meeting point.
- 2 – days Tour from Playa del Carmen
- Overnight stay in a 3 star hotel (country category)
- Entry fees Chichen Itza, Uxmal and cenotes
- Detailed tour in the archeological sites of Chichen Itza
- Schwim in a cenote
- Lunch in the cenote (without drinks)
- Visit of the Colonial city Merida
- Detailed tour in the archeological site of Uxmal
- Detailed tour in Izamal
- Drinks in the restaurants
- Lunch & Dinner
Private Mini Yucatan Round Tour: Two days into the Mayan World Private excursion Mini Yucatan Tour: Chichen Itza- Cenote –Merida – Uxmal – Izamal Experience Chichen Itza before the big tour busses arrive. Also at this time in the morning the temperature is still convenient for a visit of the Mayan ruins. To arrive Chichen tza from Playa del Carmen, it takes about 2,5 hours. Once there, we take you on a journey to the ancient Maya. You will learn about the architecture of the temples, the knowledge and religion of the Maya, their social structures and astronomy. Our next stop is a cenote close to Chichen Itza. Crystal-clear water in a huge cave invites you for a swim. The water is refreshing and we can explore the fantastic limestone formations. After a long stay in the water, we have a typical Mexican lunch included (drinks are extra). It takes us another 1.5 hours drive until we reach the capital of Yucatan, the colonial city Merida. We move into a nice hotel right in the city center. After a short refreshment we explore the city center and the cathedral of Merida. Then we have free time. The next morning we have an extensive breakfast, bevore we continue our Yucatan tour to Uxmal. The jorney takes about 1.5 hours. These Mayan ruins are not as visited as Chichen Itza because they are further inland. They are at least as impressive and should not be missed on any Mexican vacation. Due to the hilly landscape, you will have stunning views of the surrounding structures on the magic pyramid, which rises high above the jungle. We take our time to visit this Mayan site. It is rich in symbols of the Mayan gods, the underworld and the religion of the Maya. Especially the rain god Chaac is present almost everywhere. The pleasant pilgrimage town Izamal is already on the way back and it takes us about two hours to get there. The city was painted in yellow and white in honor of Pope John Paul II, the colors of the Vatican. We will have lunch before visiting the city center and the surrounding Mayan ruins. A special attraction is the Franciscan monastery right in the city center, which was built in the 16th century above the most important Mayan ruin in Izamal. After an extensive tour in Izamal, we will bring you back to your hotel.
What should I bring?
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes
- Swimwear and things to change
- Bathing shoes or flip flops (there are stony bottoms in the cenotes)
- Sun hat (there is no shade in the archaeological sites of Chichen Itza and Uxmal, so a hut is highly recommended)
- Clothing for two days
- Clothing for the evening in Merida
- If necessary light rain jacket
- Water bottle
- Sun protection: On the Yucatan peninsula biodegradable sun protection is recommended to protect the corals and water quality. Please use sun protection BEFORE starting the tour in the morning. It is not allowed to apply sunscreen in the nature parks of the cenotes. Alternatively, use a rash or shirt in the water.
- Camera / underwater camera
- Money for souvenirs / meals / dinner
- Final payment in cash
Availability The availability of our excursions can only be guaranteed after confirmation by us. If an excursion is not possible on your desired date, we will suggest another date or refund any payments already received.
Deposit For a binding reservation we charge a deposit of 20% of the tour price. The remaining payment will be made in CASH on site. Please note that payment on site by credit card is not possible. If you would like to inquire about the tour without a binding reservation, please contact us.
Customization of Excursions Under special circumstances we adapt our tours to external conditions. We discuss this individually with our customers. Adjustments will be made, for example, if the weather changes at short notice. We also adapt excursions for cruisers to the berthing times of cruise ships. Cancellation policy
- With the reservation we charge a deposit. We keep these as administration fees for “no-show” guests.
We refund the deposit, if
- You cancel the excursion at least 24 hours before
- Cruise ships cancel their stay in Cozumel
- If you have to cancel the excursion for whatever reason, please inform us as soon as possible. We might be able to sell the excursion elsewhere and will refund the deposit.
- This excursion was cancelled by Leon Tours
We ask for a phone number for each reservation to contact you in case of any changes.
Why Leon Tours?
- Small or private groups Our tours are either private or small group excursions.
- Certified tour guides Our tour guides have the required SECTUR (Secretary of tourism in Mexico) certifications
- Quality Service and Support Enjoy our excellent customer service. We have local knowledge and love to give you recommendations
- Locally owned family business If you book through Leon Tours, you will support local businesses. We use local guides wherever possible
- Book with confidence We spent many years in building up our online presence. Follow us on Trip Advisor or Facebook
- Small refundable deposit We charge only a small deposit to secure your reservation
- Mexico Experts We strive to give you the best service and bring you to the most beautiful places.