Diving on Cozumel: Fascinating reef formations
Stunning underwater world for beginners or experienced divers The spectacular dive sites of Cozumel are among the best in the world. Even the famous underwater photographer Jacques Cousteau declared Cozumel to be one of the most beautiful dive sites. Enjoy Cozumel diving with healthy corals, unique colors and a fascinating underwater world. The second largest barrier reef in the world runs along the coast of Cozumel and is easily accessible by boat. Very close to the island you will experience huge coral formations, massive steep walls and great tunnel systems while diving on Cozumel. All Cozumel dives are drift dives. Float along the beautiful coral cliffs and reef formations and if you are lucky you will discover eagle rays, sharks or marine turtles. Whether it's a steep wall, tunnel systems or shallow coral reefs, Cozumel has a diverse range of dive sites for beginners, advanced or expert divers.
Diving on Cozumel: Fascinating reef formations
- Two dives in the famous National park of Cozumel
- Entry fee for the Marine park
- Experienced dive instructors
- Water, snacks, fruits
- Complete dive equipment (Mask, Fins, BCD, regulator, tank) 20 dollar extra
Diving on Cozumel: Fascinating reef formations Our diving trips start at 9.00 in the morning – usually from the harbor “Fonatur”. At 3:30 pm you are back from your Cozumel dive excursion. We do two dives in the National Park of Cozumel, also called double tank. Each dive is about an hour – depending on the air consumption. We drive about 40 minutes by boat to the famous dive sites in the National park of Cozumel. On the boat you will receive a detailed briefing with general information about diving on Cozumel. We also set up your equipment. The first Cozumel dive usually takes place at the Colombia or Palancar reef in the National Park. We dive along the beautiful coral walls. After an hour of surface interval we begin our second Cozumel dive. This one will be shallower and differs significantly from the reefs in the south. Normally on the second dive on Cozumel we see many fish and marine life. All dives on Cozumel are typical drift dives. Our instructors explain in detail in the briefing, how to dive and drift relaxed with the flow. For sure, diving on Cozumel is one of the best scuba diving experiences you will ever have.
What should I bring?
- Swimwear and change of clothes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat
- Sun protection: On the Yucatan Peninsula, only biodegradable sunscreen is allowed in order to protect our corals and water quality. Please use sunscreen BEFORE the beginning the tour, so that the cream does not wash off in the sea
- Underwatercamera, charged
Availability The availability of our excursions can only be guaranteed after confirmation by us. If an excursion is not possible on your desired date, we will suggest another date or refund any payments already received.
Deposit For a binding reservation we charge a deposit of 20% of the tour price. The remaining payment will be made in CASH on site. Please note that payment on site by credit card is not possible. If you would like to inquire about the tour without a binding reservation, please contact us.
Customization of Excursions Under special circumstances we adapt our tours to external conditions. We discuss this individually with our customers. Adjustments will be made, for example, if the weather changes at short notice. We also adapt excursions for cruisers to the berthing times of cruise ships.
- With the reservation we charge a deposit. We keep these as administration fees for “no-show” guests.
- We value small group sizes. Therefore, we use smaller boats for our excursions. These boats do not have a toilet on board!!!
- It can happen that our boat excursion on Cozumel has to be cancelled due to bad weather (strong wind and waves). Typical season for this is between November and March. This may be at the direction of the port captain or may be a safety decision by our captain. If the tour cannot be rescheduled to another day, we will of course refund any deposits made. Unfortunately, we cannot pay for any other costs incurred. However, we will gladly make every effort to provide substitute services. In addition, we do everything in our power to inform about such cancellations as early as possible.
We refund the deposit, if
- You cancel the excursion at least 24 hours before
- Cruise ships cancel their stay in Cozumel
- If you have to cancel the excursion for whatever reason, please inform us as soon as possible. We might be able to sell the excursion elsewhere and will refund the deposit.
- This excursion was cancelled by Leon Tours
We ask for a phone number for each reservation to contact you in case of any changes.
Why Leon Tours?
- Small or private groups Our tours are either private or small group excursions.
- Certified tour guides Our tour guides have the required SECTUR (Secretary of tourism in Mexico) certifications
- Quality Service and Support Enjoy our excellent customer service. We have local knowledge and love to give you recommendations
- Locally owned family business If you book through Leon Tours, you will support local businesses. We use local guides wherever possible
- Book with confidence We spent many years in building up our online presence. Follow us on Trip Advisor or Facebook
- Small refundable deposit We charge only a small deposit to secure your reservation
- Mexico Experts We strive to give you the best service and bring you to the most beautiful places.