Snorkeling with Whale Sharks
English, Spanish, German
Excursion SNORKELING and SWIMMING with Whale Sharks in Mexico
Only between June 1 and September 17
Experience the ocean giants while swimming and snorkeling with whale sharks in Mexico. Every year between June and September, hundreds of whale sharks and manta rays swim to the north of the Yucatan Peninsula. The water in the northeast of the Yucatan Peninsula is rich in plankton, from which whale sharks and manta rays feed. Snorkeling with the whale sharks of the Riviera Maya is a unique experience that you will never forget! Dolphins and turtles often accompany us on the way to the whale shark point.
- Snorkeling with whale sharks: Two participants swim with a guide close to the whale shark. Experience the largest fish in the ocean soooo close!
- Stop to snorkel in front of Isla Mujeres: A nice reef in front of Isla Mujeres invites for a snorkel stop. Discover the colorlful corals of the Caribbean!
- Playa Norte: This world-famous beach on Isla Mujeres is considered to be one of the most beautiful in the world. We enjoy a typical snack and a cold beer in waist-high water before we head back to the mainland.
This excursion includes pickup and drop-off from hotels in the Riviera Maya.
Excursion SNORKELING and SWIMMING with Whale Sharks in Mexico
- Port fees and taxes
- English speaking tour guide
- Pick up from the hotel or an agreed meeting point
- Small breakfast upon arrival at the port
- Snorkeling equipment
- Guide in the water
- Snack and beer at Playa Norte
- Wetsuit (shortie) rental when you get cold in the watery: $ 15
- Photos: Sold separately
Excursion SNORKELING and SWIMMING with Whale Sharks in Mexico Snorkeling and Swimming with Whale Sharks – Snorkeling in front of Isla Mujeres – Playa Norte This Excursion to the Whale Sharks is one of the best Riviera Maya Tours. From your hotel lobby or meeting point we take you straight to the harbor in Cancun, where the boat already waits for us. Discover the giants of the oceans – the whale sharks – and relax on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world! First we have a light breakfast. If you want, you can rent a wetsuit for a fee. Snorkeling and Swimming with Whale Sharks It takes about 1.5 hours by boat to get to the whale shark point. There are no more than 12 people in the boat with the guide and the captain. On the way we are often accompanied by turtles, dolphins and manta rays, there is abundant sea life here. As soon as we find the whale sharks, two participants are allowed in the water at the same time with a guide. Everyone can swim or snorkel with the whale sharks at least twice. We often see mantas that are very close to the whale sharks. Snorkeling the reef of Isla Mujeres After this stunning experience we continue to Isla Mujeres, the beautiful women’s islands. If you want, you can snorkel on the reef. Immerse yourself in the underwater world of the Caribbean, experience colorful corals and tropical fish. Snack at the Playa Norte The famous Playa Norte, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, is located near the reef. The water has the amazing turquoise colours of the Caribbean. We enjoy a typical snack and a cold beer in waist-high water. After an extended picnic break, we go back to the harbor. Photos of the tour can be purchased there (price to be agreed with the photographer). From there we drive back to the hotel.
What should I bring?
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes
- Swimwear and things to change
- Sun hat
- Sun protection: On the Yucatan peninsula biodegradable sun protection is recommended to protect the corals and water quality. Please use sunscreen BEFORE starting the tour, as soon as you enter the boat, it is no longer allowed to apply sunscreen. Otherwise just put on a rash or a T-shirt in the water.
- Camera / underwater camera
- Money for souvenirs / photos
- Final payment in cash
Availability Snorkeling and swimming with whale sharks in the Riviera Maya can only be offered between June 1 and September 15. The availability of our excursions can only be guaranteed after confirmation by us. If an excursion is not possible on your desired date, we will suggest another date or refund any payments already received.
Deposit For a binding reservation we charge a deposit of 100% of the tour price. The remaining payment will be made in CASH on site. Please note that payment on site by credit card is not possible. If you would like to inquire about the tour without a binding reservation, please contact us.
- With the reservation we charge a deposit. We keep these as administration fees for “no-show” guests.
We refund the deposit, if
- You cancel the excursion at least 24 hours before
- Cruise ships cancel their stay in Cozumel
- If you have to cancel the excursion for whatever reason, please inform us as soon as possible. We might be able to sell the excursion elsewhere and will refund the deposit.
- This excursion was cancelled by Leon Tours
We ask for a phone number for each reservation to contact you in case of any changes.
Why Leon Tours?
- Small or private groups Our tours are either private or small group excursions.
- Certified tour guides Our tour guides have the required SECTUR (Secretary of tourism in Mexico) certifications
- Quality Service and Support Enjoy our excellent customer service. We have local knowledge and love to give you recommendations
- Locally owned family business If you book through Leon Tours, you will support local businesses. We use local guides wherever possible
- Book with confidence We spent many years in building up our online presence. Follow us on Trip Advisor or Facebook
- Small refundable deposit We charge only a small deposit to secure your reservation
- Mexico Experts We strive to give you the best service and bring you to the most beautiful places.
Craig S. –
We had a wonderful day on the boat, it was really nice!!!
Tine B. –
I did 3 tours , beginning of July 2021, with Leon Tours.
Tulum, snorkeling and cenote,
swimming with whale sharks and
Chichen Itza with cenote.
I am still enthusiastic.
Small or private groups and very well informed guide.
I can only recommend Leon Tours.
Vincent H. –
I always wanted to see this fish in the sea. The whole day was a dream, we saw whale sharks, manta rays, turtles and dolphins. It was absolutely worth it!!!
Thorben K. –
The tour was a dream. We saw breathtaking things, learned a lot and heard great stories. Timing was planned so that we had a lot of time and were not rushed, as it was with others with whom we have spoken in the hotel. They had not booked here either. Our own wishes were taken into account during the tour. The communication via WhatsApp was great. Countless questions we asked were answered patiently. Likewise, we can highly recommend Chichen Itza and the whale shark tour. We flew home yesterday with great memories.