Private Cozumel Jeep Tour
Private Cozumel Jeep Tour: Island Tour and National Park
- Panoramic road by the sea
- Punta Sur National Park
- Lighthouse with a fantastic view over the south of Cozumel
- Mangroves and lagoons as well as the observation of crocodiles
- Beach Break on one of the most beautiful beaches in Cozumel
- Uninhabited east coast of Cozumel with lonely natural beaches
- Optional: Tequila Tasting
All this and other attractions await our guests during the private Cozumel Jeep Tour. On this self-drive experience you will learn about local culture, island life and the famous Mexican cuisine. Already from 2 participants - enjoy our Cozumel Private Jeep Excursion.
Private Cozumel Jeep Tour: Island Tour and National Park
- Experienced, bilingual tour guide
- Pick up from cruise port, ferry or hotel/resort
- Private Jeep and guide
- Entrance fee to Punta Sur Eco Park (16 Dollars per person)
- Mexican lunch in Punta Sur Eco Park
- Beach Break
- Visit of the lighthouse and the lagoons in the Punta Sur Eco park
- Snorkel equipment
- Snorkel tour with experienced guide
- Beer and water in a cooler in the jeep
- Wild beaches of the Cozumel East Side
- Tequila Tour and Tasting
- You can choose from either standard or automatic jeep
- Gas and mileage
Meeting Point We pick up guests of the cruise ships near the respective port of call. Please let us know your cruise ship in the reservation. Guests from Playa del Carmen will be picked up from the ferry port right after their arrival on Cozumel. Please let us know your ferry times in the reservation. Guests staying in hotels on Cozumel will be picked up in front of their hotels, if possible. Please let us know your hotel in the reservation.
Private Cozumel Jeep Tour: Island Tour and National Park Punta Sur National Park – Light House – Lagoons – Beach Break – Island Tour – Tequila Tasting
Our private Cozumel Jeep Tour is a self-drive experience, that allows you to create or adjust for your own perfect adventure. Let us make your private Jeep Excursion in Cozumel the highlight of your vacation. Once we pick you up, we show you our suggested Cozumel Jeep Tour itinerary. We head south of Cozumel, to the Punta Sur Eco Park. We follow a panoramic road with stunning views of the sea and the coast. Passing several hotels and rocky beaches, your guide is happy to stop, whenever you like to take a picture. It takes us about thirty minutes to get to the Punta Sur Eco Park.
Cozumel Jeep Tour: Punta Sur Eco Park – Entry fee included The Punta Sur National Park is one of the most beautiful attractions on Cozumel. It offers an amazing variety of flora and fauna. A dirt road leads into the park. After about ten minutes we stop at a beautiful lagoon. The guide will try to spot crocodiles in the mangrove swamps.
From an observation tower you have an excellent view over the lagoon. Look out for various birds and other creatures as your guide explains more about Cozumel wildlife. Sometimes we are lucky and see flamingoes. Just around the corner is a small Mayan ruin from the 14th century. Your private guide will introduce you to the Mayan history. The next stop on your private jeep tour is a lighthouse. 132 steps to the top – and you enjoy one of the most beautiful views over the southern part of Cozumel.
Discover the small museum next to the lighthouse. It has some surprises from the time of the ancient Maya and from the time of the pirates and smugglers on Cozumel. Our next stop is one of the most beautiful beaches of the whole island.
Enjoy your beach break and relax in the sun, have a Mexican meal or swim to the offshore reef to snorkel there (weather permitting). Your private guide will be happy to take you there.
Cozumel Jeep Tour: Cozumel East Side – Wild beaches and undeveloped coast After leaving the Punta Sur National Park, the Cozumel Jeep Tour takes us along the undeveloped beaches of the East Coast. We enjoy about 12 miles of undisturbed ocean views and stop for photos. The Cozumel east side is so different from the west side. Local people as well as tourists enjoy the freedom of the wild beaches and a fresh breeze. You will enjoy the change of white sand beaches, rock formations, caves and little beach bars. Tell your private guide if you like another stop, you will for sure enjoy Cozumel’s east side.
Cozumel Jeep Tour: Tequila Tour and Tasting After passing the east side, we offer a Tequila Tour and Tasting. Learn about the Mexican national drink which is made from Blue Agave. Your guide will show you Mexican Tequila traditions and you can try several Margaritas and Tequila. This is a fantastic end of your private Cozumel Jeep Tour. If you would like to skip the Tequila Tour and do something else instead, your guide will be glad to recommend you additional stops.
Cozumel Jeep Tour: Additional stops Ask your private tour guide for recommendations on additional stops during your customized Cozumel Jeep Excursion.
What should I bring
- Driver’s license
- Light clothes and comfortable shoes
- Swimwear and things to change
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat
- Sun protection: It is not allowed anymore to apply sunscreen in the National Park to protect corals and water quality. Please use sunscreen BEFORE the beginning the tour. If possible, only use biodegradable sunscreen in your vacation.
- Camera, charged
The availability of our excursions can only be guaranteed after confirmation by us. If an excursion is not possible on your desired date, we will suggest another date or refund any payments already received.
For a binding reservation we charge a deposit of 20% of the tour price. The remaining payment will be made in CASH on site. Please note that payment on site by credit card is not possible. If you would like to inquire about the tour without a binding reservation, please contact us.
Customization of Excursions
Under special circumstances we adapt our tours to external conditions. We discuss this individually with our customers. Adjustments will be made, for example, if the weather changes at short notice. We also adapt excursions for cruisers to the berthing times of cruise ships. Cancellation policy
- With the reservation we charge a deposit. We keep these as administration fees for “no-show” guests.
We refund the deposit, if
- You cancel the excursion at least 24 hours before
- Cruise ships cancel their stay in Cozumel
- If you have to cancel the excursion for whatever reason, please inform us as soon as possible. We might be able to sell the excursion elsewhere and will refund the deposit.
- This excursion was cancelled by Leon Tours
We ask for a phone number for each reservation to contact you in case of any changes.
Why Leon Tours?
- Small or private groups Our tours are either private or small group excursions.
- Certified tour guides Our tour guides have the required SECTUR (Secretary of tourism in Mexico) certifications
- Quality Service and Support Enjoy our excellent customer service. We have local knowledge and love to give you recommendations
- Locally owned family business If you book through Leon Tours, you will support local businesses. We use local guides wherever possible
- Book with confidence We spent many years in building up our online presence. Follow us on Trip Advisor or Facebook
- Small refundable deposit We charge only a small deposit to secure your reservation
- Mexico Experts We strive to give you the best service and bring you to the most beautiful places.