Ek Balam & Rio Lagartos
English, Spanish, German
Private Excursion Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos UNESCO World Heritage Ek Balam and a Boat Tour in Rio Lagartos This Private Excursion to Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos is the best combination to explore the highlights of Yucatan. The Mayan ruins Ek Balam are well preserved and show the former power of the ancient Maya. At Rio Lagartos you can see the salt lagoons that are important for the eco-system. Flamingos can be seen in the pink water and the sun reflects in the salt. Relax on a boat trip at Las Coloradas in the adjacent national park. Avoid the crowds and choose our Private Excursion to and Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos - with your personal tour guide!! Our tour guides are SECTUR certified tour guides (Mexican Secretary of Tourism) with many years of experience.
- Mayan Ruins Ek Balam: UNESCO heritage with the famous portal of the snakes
- Boat Tour at Rio Lagartos: Enjoy mangroves, flamigoes and crocodiles in their natural environment
- Salt Lagoons of Las Coloradas: Lakes with an amazing pink color
Our Private Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos Excursion allows you to pick from the attractions you want to see during this tour. See the beautiful Mayan ruins Ek Balam and relax on the Boat Tour at Rio Lagartos. Starting from just two participants, enjoy your Private Tour to Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos.
Private Excursion Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos
- Private transportation
- English speaking tour guide
- Pick up from the hotel or an agreed meeting point
- Water in the vehicle
- 12 hour tour from Playa del Carmen
- Entrance fees to Ek Balam
- Boat Tour at Rio Lagartos
- Detailed tour in the archaeological site Ek Balam
- Lunch (drinks excluded)
- Drinks in the restaurant
Private Excursion Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos
Mayan Ruins Ek Balam – Boat Tour Rio Lagartos
This private Tour to Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos is one of the best Excursions in Mexico, combining the “must-sees” of Yucatan. It is a private experience that allows you to create or adjust for your own, perfect adventure. Let us make your Private Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos Excursion the highlight of your vacation. From our meeting point we take you straight to the archeological site Ek Balam. It takes about two and a half hours from Playa del Carmen to get there. Private Excursion to Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos: The Mayan Ruins Ek Balam We go directly from your hotel to Mayan site Ek Balam. It takes about two hours and a half to get there. In Ek Balam, the Acropolis rises majestically above the others, very well-preserved structures. Here we enjoy an indescribable view from above of the archeological site and the surrounding jungle. The platforms on the way up have various surprises. For example, the snake gate is perfectly preserved and a wonderful photo opportunity. Private Excursion to Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos: Boat Tour in the National Reserve The Rio Lagartos nature reserve is home to a unique flora and fauna. On a boat tour through the lagoons we observe birds such as flamingos, pelicans or eagles. While driving through the mangroves, we may also spot a crocodile that is well hidden waiting for prey. Private excursion to Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos: Las Coloradas salt lagoons The bay of Las Coloradas has long been used for salt production. Due to the high salt content, the water sparkles rosa and pink in the sun. Have your camera ready, amazing pictures are waiting for you. This excursion is a full day excursion and we will be back in Playa del Carmen around 6:00 p.m.
What should I bring?
- Light clothes and comfortable shoes
- Swimwear and things to change
- Bathing shoes or flip-flops (to walk in the cenotes)
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat
- If necessary, a light rain coat
- Please use only biodegradable sunscreen in the Yucatan peninsula and help to protect corals and water quality. In the cenotes, you may not apply sunscreen, if needed, you may use a rash or shirt.
- Camera, charged
- Money for souvenirs, food and drinks
Availability The availability of our excursions can only be guaranteed after confirmation by us. If an excursion is not possible on your desired date, we will suggest another date or refund any payments already received.
Deposit For a binding reservation we charge a deposit of 30% of the tour price. The remaining payment will be made in CASH on site. Please note that payment on site by credit card is not possible. If you would like to inquire about the tour without a binding reservation, please contact us.
Customization of Excursions Under special circumstances we adapt our tours to external conditions. We discuss this individually with our customers. Adjustments will be made, for example, if the weather changes at short notice. We also adapt excursions for cruisers to the berthing times of cruise ships. Cancellation policy
- With the reservation we charge a deposit. We keep these as administration fees for “no-show” guests.
We refund the deposit, if
- You cancel the excursion at least 24 hours before
- Cruise ships cancel their stay in Cozumel
- If you have to cancel the excursion for whatever reason, please inform us as soon as possible. We might be able to sell the excursion elsewhere and will refund the deposit.
- This excursion was cancelled by Leon Tours
We ask for a phone number for each reservation to contact you in case of any changes.
Why Leon Tours?
- Small or private groups Our tours are either private or small group excursions.
- Certified tour guides Our tour guides have the required SECTUR (Secretary of tourism in Mexico) certifications
- Quality Service and Support Enjoy our excellent customer service. We have local knowledge and love to give you recommendations
- Locally owned family business If you book through Leon Tours, you will support local businesses. We use local guides wherever possible
- Book with confidence We spent many years in building up our online presence. Follow us on Trip Advisor or Facebook
- Small refundable deposit We charge only a small deposit to secure your reservation
- Mexico Experts We strive to give you the best service and bring you to the most beautiful places.